The Pearson Affordable Learning Fund supports some of the most exciting education companies in the world. If you are interested in changing the face of affordable education from within one of the fastest growing startups, this is the place for you.
Affordable Learning Fellowship
PALF’s Affordable Learning Fellowship is an innovative program that exposes top talent to high-performing start-ups working on issues of affordable education in emerging markets. The Pearson Affordable Learning Fund invests in innovative start-ups serving low-income learners across India, Ghana, South Africa, Tanzania, and the Philippines. The Affordable Learning Fellowship offers top graduate students and professionals seeking externships an opportunity to bring their expertise to support our high-impact businesses in meaningful ways. The Fellowship exposes talented fellows to Pearson, impact investing, affordable learning, and the broader education space. Details below:
- 10+ week fellowship based in the country of the company (India, Ghana, South Africa, or the Philippines)
- 1 week with PALF in NYC followed by 9-10 weeks on the ground with portfolio companies
- Hands-on experience reporting directly to C-level leadership at cutting-edge international education start-ups
- An individual PALF mentor
- A chance to broaden their network with a cohort of talented individuals interested in the intersection of impact and education
- Compensation includes:
- Comfortable weekly stipend for the duration of the program
- Housing is provided
- Roundtrip air fare to/from portfolio company
- Any costs associated with filing for a visa
To learn more about what PALF is seeking from fellows, as well as previous projects, read about our class of 2016 Fellows.